Monday, April 4, 2011

Mom, of course you can send me pictures! Did you just barely figure out you can email pictures? OK well this week has been good. It's been really hot, and sunshiny. Elder Malit says to tell you guys how awesome he is. Anyways, I'm really excited for our investigators. we have 8 investigators with a baptismal date for the end of April, and then maybe a couple in May. So I'm really hoping I don't get transferred so I can see these people I've been working with for 3 months baptized. You get pretty attached to people when you put so much effort in to help them. On tuesday we had companionship exchanges, so I was working in Cadiz, while another elder was working in Himoga-an, and I guess they went to this one family's house to teach them, and the little girl who is 14, but really really shy started crying cause she was scared that I wasn't there haha. What can I say, it's hard not to love me! Just kidding, I think it's just because I'm white and have blue eyes. I'm really not that cocky :) I have to tell you guys about this one investigator though. His name is Pedro, he's like 70 something, and he's hilarious! I don't exactly know how to describe him to you, I just want to take a video of him and send it to you, but I don't know if that would work. Anyway, so we were teaching him about the word of wisdom, and we told him all the things that go with that, and we were talking about illegal drugs, and then he was like, yeah those are really bad, and then proceeded to tell us this story of how he was in Bacolod, and all these people were smoking marijuana in bongs, and smoking houkas and stuff, and was like acting out how they smoked from bongs, and then said they were drinking alcohol and how they were all crazy and stuff ha I basically died laughing. The thing he really struggles with is prayer. He's a former catholic, so every time he prays, he prays to Jesus, and then says some memorized prayer. We explain literally every time we are there that we pray to Heavenly Father, and that prayer comes from the heart. We even had our branch president explain in VERY thoroughly and simply, pray the way we pray, and then asked him if he understood how we pray and asked him to explain it to us, which he did, so then we asked him to pray, and the first words he says? "O Ginoo, Jesucristo!" (O Lord, Jesus Christ) And then said his memorized prayer! Elder Malit and I just looked at each other and were holding back laughs, and we look at our branch president who has his eyes closed, but has this huge grin on his face and was also holding back laughs. So yeah, we're still working on that with him... But he'll get it one of these days :)  I have definitely learned how to be humble here on the mission. I've learned a lot of things, and I've only been out 8 1/2 months! Crazy! Well we didn't watch general conference here cause we watch it a week after you all do in America. So I'm excited to watch that this week. Ummm.... in other news, I now have a genuine rice belly. and weigh 160 pounds. But I think I'm done gaining weight now. I'm really out of shape now. I did 20 push ups this morning and then had to take like a 5 minute break! Pretty pathetic, but thats what happens on the mission. If you're working your hardest and stuff you are just tired basically all the time. But I don't mind it cause I know I'm doin the Lord's work. OK well things are awesome here, I'm loving the mission and loving life. Thanks for all your support and prayers! Love you all! Love, Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment