Monday, March 7, 2011

Hey everyone! Well I have a new companion! His name is Elder Malit, he's Filipino... American! He's from Lehi, Utah. Funny story. We were talking, and I told him I have family in Lehi, and then he was like wait... is your cousin Megan Andersen? And I was like yeah, why? Apparently he tried to date her, and she rejected him like 4 times haha. I thought it was pretty funny that here I am in the middle of nowhere in the Philippines with this odd connection with my companion. So yeah, he's a Filipino American, but he doesn't know Tagalog, and he hasn't been here too long, so he's still learning to speak Illongo. But yeah it's already 100 times better than last transfer. One, cause I'm in charge, and two, because he is really willing to work and learn, which I really appreciate so I don't have to do everything by myself anymore! The work is going well. We've basically just started over again, because there wasn't a lot of progress here last transfer do to... certain complications... but now we're getting a lot of work done and just trying our best to share the gospel with everyone and find the elect. We're teaching this really cool guy right now who used to be a big shot. He was like the vice president or something for Philippines engineering. He was a millionaire. He said he used to be able to have anything he wanted, girls, money, just whatever. And then somehow he lost it all. And so now he lives in Himoga-an in a bamboo shack kind of hiding from society. He's really cool though. I feel he is just ready for the truth. He said to me he can already feel the change in his life from this church, and so hopefully he will choose to continue and be baptized. This week has been really hot, and just what you'd expect from living on a tropical island. I'm hoping to get the chance to eat bat this week. Some of the young men said they are going to catch some, so we'll see what happens. Mom, just to let you know, yes I do read your emails, but you don't really ever ask me any questions so don't get upset that I don't answer any. Well I guess thats it for me this week. Thanks for all your prayers and everything else, love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment