Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wow, well things on my side of the world are completely opposite. It's gotten hot again. I'm basically in a tropical paradise. Coconut, banana, mango trees everywhere you look, and just green everything, and of course right next to the ocean. Well you all seem to do be doing well with this new fitness program you are all on haha. I'm definitely in the worst shape I've been in in a good 5 years. Oh, that stinks for Joel, I would hate to wait any longer than I had to. OK so you asked about the people we are teaching. Well we have 2 baptisms on Saturday, Sister Alfonsa Garcia, and Sister Mary Jean Chavez. Alfonsa is like mid 50's maybe 60, and is really cool. I'm a little scared to baptize her cause she's a bigger woman! haha. But it'll be ok. Mary Jean is like... 15? Yeah 15 I think. She's also really cool, and has wanted to be a member since November or so, but there were no missionaries there so she couldn't be baptized. Same with Alfonsa, she's been going to church since December. I really can't tell you about everyone I work with cause that would just take so long and give me carpal tunnel syndrome, so you'll just have to wait till mothers day to ask all your really detailed questions I guess haha. Sorry! But it's not like I have all day to just sit here and email... Don't worry about me I'm doin just fine. You should probably worry about me less here on the other side of the world than you should when I'm at home, cause I have the Lord with me here haha. There hasn't been a time on my mission I can say where I have felt unsafe. Even when hanging out the door of a bus, or riding on top of it, or whatever I'm doing, I've felt safe. So Elder Michael John U. Teh of the seventy, and presidency of the Philippines is coming to visit our mission this week. Thats the big news I guess. We have to go to Escalante on Thursday to a big meeting with him, so that will be good. Other than that, there's nothing much new with me. Just keep truckin along and doin what I should and trying to do my best! Thank you for all your support and prayers on my behalf, I certainly need them! Well, until next week, Love, Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment