Monday, February 14, 2011

Well Happy Valentines Day to you all from the Philippines! Well where to start.. This week has been pretty good! On Thursday Elder Michael John U. Teh of the first quorum of the seventy, and second counselor in the Philippines General Presidency came and did a mission tour. He came and spoke to us at zone conference, and it was all just really good. He and his wife are really nice, and greeted every one of us one by one. They are both really good speakers as well, and amazing at English, even though they are both Filipino. They sound like Americans and everything, but when they speak Tagalog, or Cebuano, they sound like native speakers. I'm way jealous of their language skills! Anyway, so that was great, and then on Saturday we had 2 baptisms! Thats always awesome! Other than that our work has been a little slow this week with all our meetings and traveling and what not, so hopefully we get back in the groove this next week. Things are going well just as always. I'm still healthy and I believe disease free! We found a snake in our kitchen this morning, that was a first for me! Good thing it was relatively small. My companion was really scared of it though, and killed it with the broom. Thats the usual though here, finding strange creatures in your house and disposing of them before they eat you or something. Sorry I don't really have much to say! What are all your questions?? Tell Mom I hope she gets feeling better soon, and I know her pain. Actually mine was probably a little worse, but still I know her pain. Hey I wouldn't be complaining about free food, thats the best! Oh yeah Dad, I was finally able to eat a jackfruit this week! It's really good. I've eaten it before, but not like the fruit. They eat it when it's not ripe and cook it with like chicken and stuff and use it sorta as a vegetable and eat it with rice, but I like it better as a fruit. Basically all the fruit here is really good. Ok well I best be goin now. Thanks for all your prayers and support and everything else. The Church is true! Love, Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment