Monday, November 22, 2010

Well hello family! I guess first off I should say Happy Birthday to Rachel today! and to Mom on Saturday! And Happy Thanksgiving! Wow I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already! Definitely doesn't feel like it here. Time continues to go fast. This week has been more successful than the past couple, as far as teaching lessons and having new investigators. And we had baptisms this week! Sister Jona and Brother Noel. I can honestly say, I have never seen anyone so ready to be baptized and confirmed as sister Johna, and I'm pretty sure I won't see many more like that throughout my whole mission. Don't get me wrong, her husband Noel was very ready to, but wow. Johna just blows you out of the water with her spirituality. But it's so great to have the whole family baptized now! And I had the privilege of baptizing them. All I can say is that scripture in D&C 18 that says "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!".." And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" That is basically what I feel like when I get to see these people's lives change when they receive the gospel. I feel so honored and blessed to be able to experience all of the things that I am. In other news, I was groped by a gay man this week hahaha. That was a new experience. My first thought was to punch him in the face, but then I remembered I have learned to be more Christlike here on the mission, and that was not something Christ would do, so I just told him to never do that again. Ha Mother, I'm not being a ba hambug about Christmas, but I don't really need anything, and I don't want to be selfish, and I know shipping is way expensive here. So anyway, things are going well, my language is getting better, it just takes some time. At least I can understand most of what people say to me now, and even have a decent conversation. But I've still got a long way to go. Well I guess thats about all for me this week, thank you all for everything, love you all! Love, Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment