Monday, May 23, 2011

Hey Family. Well this week has been... challenging, but good. First off, our branch president, President Garcia, passed away last monday night. That was a major blow to the branch. It came a little bit of a shock to me as well, I mean he had been in the hospital for a few weeks, but it didn't seem too serious. I guess the Lord needed him on the other side. He was a really great guy, and even though I didn't know him for too long, about 4 months or so, I came to love him. So that was hard. But my testimony has grown in the knowledge in eternal families and that Heavenly Father has a plan for us all. It's really cool to see the difference here between when and LDS member dies, verses someone that is another religion. We spent a lot of time this week with his family, and doing our best to help them, and the branch. Now they basically have no leadership. We have a first counselor, but he has no idea what he is doing. So basically the former branch president is running things, under the authority of the 1st counselor, so for now the branch is ok. But it will be interesting to see what happens. To add with all that, this was probably my last week in Himoga-an. I've been here for 4 1/2 months of my life, and have been through a lot with these people and have come to love them. It'll be hard to leave, but also good. Every time I enter a new area I feel like I learn so much more. This week we did have some good things though. The Abria family was baptized! It was really good. It's a hard feeling to describe to teach people all the way through and see them baptized, but it really is such a good feeling to know that you helped a person find the truth and become that much closer to returning to our Father in Heaven. So hopefully next week I can send you all some pictures of it. Thank you all for your prayers and support on my behalf, I love you all! Love, Elder Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment